NDS® Probiotic S-60-Nrg® as an aid in cases of serious or prolonged stress.
Ideal for all types of stress and physical, emotional load. NDS S60 is used by many athletes that suffer immune supression or fatigue from over training or over reaching.
The interaction between the intestine and the brain/nervous system. Recent research has shown that the environment and microflora in the intestine also have a significant effect on other parts of the body and not simply the intestine’s own function.
This seems logical enough when you know that we have many more cells in the shape of intestinal bacteria than we have cells in our entire body:
ALL these cells are metabolically active and the microflora constitutes a fairly large proportion of total metabolism in ‘the overall body’.
Over the past 10-15 years, the genome, the DNA for a wide range of species, humans and animals, has also been mapped. Researchers now work with concepts such as ‘the genome’ and ‘the meta-genome’ where the meta-genome represents the DNA profile of the intestinal flora.
- There are 100 billion micro-organisms (100 x 1012) in the body, 10 times as many as all the other cells put together
- The number of genes is > 150 times larger than the human DNA
- Approx. 70% of the bacteria cannot be cultivated in the laboratory which means there are large ‘unknown territories’ in the intestinal flora. The mapping of the genome has therefore become very important to our understanding of the compo-sition of the intestinal flora and its impact on our health
- Vital to food/intestinal flora/host interaction and thereby the communication fromthe intestine through the immune, nervous and hormonal systems
- The intestinal flora must be viewed as an organ on a par with the liver or brain, one that can therefore be affected in terms of health and well-being, prevention andtherapy
- The intestinal flora is involved in the basic programming and regulation of brainand stress response system, i.e. the pituitary gland/adrenal gland axis.
- The intestinal flora affects the biochemistry of the brain and thereby behaviour, e.g. it has been shown in both animals and humans that probiotic supplements result in a more robust stress response by directly affecting areas of the brain that handle emotional processing in cases of stress.
Store in a cool, dry place – do not refrigerate. Keep out of reach of children.
Do Not Exceed recommended daily dose.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.