Why choose Candex SIBO From FX Supplements?
The components of Candex SIBO have been shown to help maintain a balance of micro-flora in the gastrointestinal tract. This formula includes grapefruit seed extract, caprylic acid, berberine, garlic and oregano.
Garlic and grapefruit seed extract may help support a healthy microbial balance in the gut whilst garlic may also support the immune system and defend against harmful bacteria and fungi.
Caprylic acid is a fatty acid that has broad-ranging antimicrobial properties and a long history of use with purging unwanted compounds from the gut.
Berberine (an alkaloid found in specific herbs) and oregano have been historically used to support gut health and microbial balance.
What is SIBO?
SIBO refers to an abnormally large numbers of bacteria in the small intestine
- The types of bacteria in the small intestine resemble more the bacteria of the colon than the small intestine.
- Issue is Location of bacteria not type of bacteria.
- Causes damage to the brush border and therefore absorptive pathways
- Bacteria interfere with normal digestion and nutrient absorption, and produce gases that lead to common IBS symptoms, such as gas, bloating, diarrhoea/constipation
What are the symptoms of SIBO
- Bloating = physical swelling
- Pain = intestines sensitive to pressure, visceral hypersensitivity feature of IBS, muscles contact against gas
- Altered bowel movements: hydrogen = diarrhea, methane = constipation, both = mixed
- Belching, flatulence: Gas exiting Gerd/Nausea: gas back pressure, reverse motility due to methane Histamine/ oxalate intolerance