Is your gut talking to you?
In other words, do you experience any of the following uncomfortable, often debilitating conditions?
Our digestive products support the four pillars of the gastro intestinal system, which include Digestion & absorption, integrity & immunity, motility and finally your microflora.
Studies show that between 54% to 80% of athletes have digestive up-set for some part of the season
After being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and out of training my performance nutritionist recommended a double course of ILD Probiotic (just amazing product)), Similase digestive enzymes and cordyceps and together with his dietary changes I am back racing and winning and eight months later,
I find myself on the back of seven races in seven weeks with seven podium’s and still have two races left in season and I feel great
Denise Compton – Elite Triathlete
Thanks to ILD Probiotic, Inflamarest & Cordyceps I am 18 months without a flair up of crohns on my skin and over 12 months without flair up of crohns in my colon. I avoided immune suppressant injections and glad to say I’m medication free and my doctors are delighted with my improvement and reduction in inflammation. Normally my training would suffer 3-4 times per year, but I have never been able to train so consistently at this volume and intensity without sickness or injury.
Brian Kirwan – Athlete & Strength & Conditioning Coach, Carlow
When I was diagnosed with colitis I was looking for natural methods, before traditional medicine, Perfect amino, ILD Probiotic and inflamarest supplementation plan of action and follow up brought amazing results in a very short time, this plan of action has helped me to achieve goals to get back mountain biking and rock climbing.
Several in vitro studies have shown the effect of NDS® Probiotic I.L.D. in improving the barrier function6,7.
At the moment, the effect of NDS® Probiotic I.L.D. is being studied in a randomized double- blind placebo-controlled trial with pouchitis patients. Preliminary results show that NDS® Probiotic I.L.D. is able to restore the disturbed epithelial barrier in patients with severe pouchitis.
In addition, NDS® Probiotic I.L.D. has been tested in an open pilot study with 60 patients suffering from ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Patients used the product for two months and were asked to fill in a question- naire. This pilot study showed that NDS® Probiotic I.L.D. has a beneficial effect on patients with IBD. This effect is seen in UC patients where 77% experienced benefit from
the usage of NDS® Probiotic I.L.D. In addition 59% of CD patients felt better after using it for 2 months (figure 3).
Furthermore, NDS® Probiotic I.L.D. has been tested in an open label study with 14
patients with health problems related to intestinal barrier dysfunction. This study showed that NDS® Probiotic I.L.D. improves parameters of barrier function.
- 1 Loftus et al. Clinical epidemiology of inflammatory bowel
disease: incidence, prevalence, and environmental influences. Gastroenterology. 2004:26(6);1504-1517.
- 2 Data from the Dutch National Institute for Public health and the Environment (RIVM).
- 3 Salim S.y. Importance of Disrupted intestinal barrier in inflam- matory bowel diseases. Inflamm. Bowel. Dis. 2011;17:362-381.
- 4 Shanahan F. Probiotics in inflammatory bowel disease – therapeutic rationale and role. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 2004;56: 809–818.
- 5 Timmerman h.M., et al. Monostrain, multistrain and multispecies probiotics – A comparison of functionality and efficacy. Int J Food Microbiol. 2004;96(3):219-233.
Bloating 0 0
NDS® Probiotic I.L.D. publications
- 6 Lutgendorff et al. Probiotics; the role of mast cells and
PPAR-y. Published in the PhD thesis of F. Lutgendorff: Defending the barrier. Effects of probiotics on endogenous defense mechanisms. 2009:Chapter 9;244-271.
- 7 Lutgendorff et al. Probiotics modulate mast cell degranulation and reduce stress-induced barrier dysfunction in vitro. Published in the PhD thesis of F. Lutgendorff: Defending the barrier. Effects of probiotics on endogenous defense mechanisms. 2009:Chapter 10;274-307.
Our functional products supports the four pillars of the gastro intestinal system, which include Digestion & absorption, integrity & immunity, motility and finally your microflora.